Monday, February 01, 2010

And I never knew her name

I came across unexpected, and very sad news in the internet universe last week. A lady who frequently posted on a blog I regularly read passed away unexpectedly. She was 40.

It struck me that even though I never conversed with her (even on the blog), and she wouldn't have known of my existence, I feel her loss. Her postings were always lively, uplifting and forthright. She made a positive impact on dozens of people who she literally never met.

If you're the praying sort, say a little prayer for Gayle Broadbent-Ferris' family. They must miss her sorely.

If you have children, kiss a frog, wear a tiara and cut out some paper dolls together with your kids.

Her obituary: http://www.funeralalternatives.org/Obit_Results.asp?ObitKey=1642

No comments: